Sunday, January 9, 2011

Week 13

Ivan had not made it home yet when I posted last week’s Project 365 so this week I wanted to share just one photo (among many!) from his trip to the air show last weekend. I’m not sure anything thrills him quite as much as the sight of a long line of small planes :-)
Monday we needed to take photos for our D.N.I.s (national I.D.s). Dicky’s is the place everyone told us to go. It’s a small store and was pretty crowded so once we had our photos taken, I went outside to wait. Here’s Ivan coming out -- with not only photos for the D.N.I.s but also the ones we’ll need for our driver’s licenses (the next thing on the “to do” list).
We’re QUITE EXCITED to finally have our D.N.I.s and you can read that story on my post "A Cola in Argentina is not a soft drink".

The ants were quite busy around our house this week. With cooler weather they’re preparing for winter. It never ceases to amaze me how such tiny creatures can carry much larger things for long distances! There was a line of ants stretching across the back yard, starting near a pile of rose petals.
The sky has been incredibly blue this week. That’s something we really appreciate about living here. Falls and winters are not gray and overcast but bright and sunny with intense blue skies.
A ram in the back of a pickup -- while you probably wouldn’t see this in the capital city, it’s not an unusual sight in any other town in the province!
This next photo is more for the family, especially mother. The trees at the house in Sta. Rosa are SOOOOO tall now. Can you see K in the lower left corner, near the gate? I’m sure those in the family can remember when the trees were planted many years ago -- just a few feet tall at the time. ¡Qúe diferencia!
We went to Sta. Rosa on Friday to pick up our friends who have been staying there. They took us to a wonderful little tea house in Belgrano they’d discovered. Lovely place with plate glass windows overlooking the low sierras serving fabulous loose teas and pastries. I ordered #13 on the menu: Deep Africa, featuring red tea from South Africa with touches of coconut, cocoa, vanilla and just a hint of caramel. It was like dessert in a cup!
Anyone have a desire to move to Argentina and become a hotelier? While K and I were walking around Sta. Rosa we came across this hotel for sale, right on the main street. Lovely older building that Ivan says is a landmark in the town. Wonderful piece of property just calling out for someone who is ready for a change in their lives!
[No, Sharon, I’m not specifically targeting you with this photo, but if you want to take it personally, that’s up to you :-)]

Thanks for stopping by and checking out my weekly offering for Project 365! Make sure to stop by Sara’s and visit the other participants.

No comments:

Post a Comment