Sunday, January 9, 2011

Week 34

This week went by very fast! I missed one day this week, but that's not too bad considering how busy it was, so I'm giving myself a pass :)  The main purpose for participating in Project 365 is to do a better job at documenting our life, and I'm okay with how that's going.

First up is a photo that might be off-putting for anyone not raised in the country -- or those who just have an aversion to raw meat. Last Sunday a friend dropped off a freshly butchered cow's leg...
The price wasn't too bad, and the meat was VERY tender. Ivan, with a dull knife and no clue, did a great job cutting the meat into sections we could freeze. We ended up with 15 freezer bags in the end, and some of those cuts (the roasts) will provide more than one meal.

Monday we went into Cordoba to have afternoon tea with an older couple we met a while back. It was fun getting to know Gene (a Texan) and his Argentine wife Nora. They decided to move to Argentina after Gene retired from a career in architecture, specializing in hospitals. I'm sorry to say I completely forgot to take a photo of them! We were too busy talking and enjoying a fabulous spread of finger foods with the tea. BUT we did take photos at Easy (like Home Depot) on the way home. We're pricing tile for the casita so that we'll be ready to go once the property is ours (hopefully soon!).
This tile is higher than we want to pay, but we did like the look.

Tuesday Ivan had to go to Cordoba again but I stayed home. I had hoped to get some sewing done but a bad head cold has kept me moving slower than normal this week and by the time I did the necessary cleaning and cooking, I only had time to cut the fabric. But I'm excited to try this new FREE pattern!
It's from The Quilt Show, a wonderful site for quilters and crafters. Basic membership is free and allows you access to a lot of stuff -- like this pattern.

Also on Tuesday we received the sad news that our niece's husband passed away very unexpectedly. Mike was only in his 40s! We grieve with Elizabeth and the family and pray for God's comfort and grace. On July 26 Mike's facebook status said: "10 years ago today - on our way home from work, Elizabeth and I pulled over inside the Wekiwa Springs State Park in Apopka, Florida...I accepted Jesus Christ as my personal Lord and Savior" -- what a blessing to know that Mike went straight home to Jesus! The last time we had a chance to visit Mike and Elizabeth was in 2007 and I snapped this photo of Mike and their niece, Rachel.
Mike and Rachel

Wednesday we took a walk, the only one this week because of my poor feet. Periodically psoriasis rears its ugly head and this time the spot is right on the bottom of the tender part of my foot. We didn't get very far but happened to see this crane/egret (?) on the edge of the lake. I zoomed in as much as possible but this was the best I could do.
Missed taking a photo on Thursday :(

Friday we had to go into Cordoba again. When Ivan went in on Tuesday he found out that we could indeed get my permanent residency based on his permanent status. BUT once we arrived they told us they don't do that kind of paperwork on Fridays! Ivan was very polite but rather insistent and they eventually allowed us to file the application. We have to go back in a month to finalize it. Anyway, just a few doors down from where we had to go was this little place for sale.
If I had to live in the city, this is the kind of place I'd want...it's just oozing charm and character.

Christmas of 2008 we bought several peacock feathers from a little boy selling them at the park where we were having a picnic. But until now I didn't have any way to display them. I was waiting for just the right vase and this week I found it -- at Walmart of all places! It was made in Vietnam and is some kind of lightweight wood composite material. I knew it would go perfectly with the other things I have displayed in there. So finally my peacock feathers have found a home.
Thanks, as always, for stopping by. I started this blog to stay in touch with family and friends, but have made some new friends along the way -- and many of them have come through participating in Project 365!

No comments:

Post a Comment