Sunday, January 9, 2011

Week 17

Better late than never?

I've had the blogging blahs lately. Just haven't made time to post with so many other things distracting and keeping me busy.  Plus I haven't felt like I had anything to talk about...blah, blah, blah. Anyone else ever feel like that?

But here, finally, are the photos for last week's Project 365.

Two Sundays ago we were having asado when Ivan noticed the intricate spider web in the tomato pot.
Monday was very busy with the regular stuff as well as getting ready to go to Sta. Rosa. Late that night I stopped long enough to look up some free Kindle books and download them. I've discovered if I download them to my computer first they don't charge the $1.99/per book download fee that they do for direct downloads to Kindle (can anyone explain the difference to me?) plus they can be on my virtual bookshelf and after I'm done reading it on my Kindle I can delete it, but still have it accessible.
Whew! That was an excessively long explanation to go with this photo, where I'm transferring books over to the Kindle.
Can you believe that although I've done this numerous times, I still have to look up how to do it EVERY SINGLE TIME?! Don't they say you have to do something 18 times before it become a habit? Guess I have a few more times to go before that happens.

[Or Amazon/Kindle could just make it easier to do so that almost brain-dead middle-aged women could remember the steps.]

Tuesdays and Fridays we put our empty water bottles by the fence and the delivery man trades them for full ones. Since living here I have become a big fan of soda, plain water that's carbonated.
Wednesday you may remember we didn't have power all day. That evening when I was done cleaning kitchen cupboards, I sat down with my Kindle, homemade chocolate cookies and the flashlight. Oh, and the box of tissues since my allergies have been acting up.
No photos for Thursday. Busy, busy day! (At least we had power restored by 9:30 a.m.)

No photos for Friday. Finished with the cleaning and some minor house repairs and then headed home. We were going to walk down to the river before we left and I planned to take photos of the trees; they're always so colorful this time of year. BUT they were grading the road (hurray!) so it was a muddy mess and impassable by foot at that point. 

Saturday I finally got around to the baby quilt. Super easy to stitch together quickly but then after I'd already started tieing it off, decided my hubby was right so instead I quilted-in-the-ditch which extended the work time a little.
Love, love, love these fabrics!
Sunday evening we had the monthly birthday party after church for all those with April birthdays. Here's the birthday bunch blowing out the single candle on the cake.
And that's my week in photos.

No comments:

Post a Comment