Sunday, January 9, 2011

Week 50

This week I have not done a very good job taking pictures for Project 365. In fact, when I downloaded photos to the computer I found only a few days worth -- but I am throwing in a bunch from those days!

On Wednesday we went to South Bend to take my computer to our #1 I.T. guy -- a.k.a. our son, Jon. He just started working at his new job on Monday so we were able to see his new office and meet one of his bosses. Here's a shot of Jon and Ivan at the table. Jon, as usual, was multi-tasking and working on his own computer while talking with his dad about mine.
We were VERY thankful it turned out to be "only" a hard drive gone bad. Jon gave Ivan another one to put in, and we were good to go. Kind of. Not sure what all Jon had to do beforehand to get it ready for us. And he is still trying to extract info from the bad hard drive. So far he was able to retrieve our address book, which was the most critical file. I was NOT looking forward to trying to recreate the almost 1,000 entries one-by-one so I'm very thankful I don't have to now!

I mentioned the other day that Jon's office is the coolest ever. Just look at the views!
I'm not sure I'd ever get any work done there because I'd always be looking out the windows!

I've also mentioned my intention (hey, that rhymes!) to eat my way through this visit. I was quite excited to go back to the Thai restaurant in South Bend while we were there Wednesday. [Note to self: MUST find recipe for Drunken Noodles!] Another food checked off my list this week was Kentucky Fried Chicken, original with the traditional (another rhyme!) sides of cole slaw and mashed potatoes with gravy and biscuit. YUM! 
Despite my southern roots, I have never been able to make decent fried chicken myself. But why bother when the Colonel does it so well?!

Tina and I spent an afternoon on a crafty little project for the wedding. Here's a sneak peek at one small part of it. Can you guess what it is and what it's for?
I'll include a photo of the entire thing next week with all the wedding photos!

This is how it looked yesterday morning. And all day long. The snow just kept coming and coming and coming...
The roads were not great, but not absolutely terrible either. Just typical winter roads. Ugh. Did NOT miss this at all, and will be happy to leave it behind in 11 days! Meanwhile we continue to enjoy time with family and friends. A special treat was getting to see the new Narnia movie with my SIL, her sis and a bunch of others. GREAT movie, especially with the fun 3-D glasses!

Project 365 has been such a great way to keep track of the past two years; without this record, I would have forgotten a LOT of what's happened. It's so fun to go back and look through the photos and be reminded of all that the Lord has done in my life, and the lives of those I love. So despite the fact that I haven't done a very good job with the photo-a-day part, I'm pretty sure I'll continue with the Project next year. It's just become a part of our lifestyle. Thanks Sara, for continuing to host it!

No comments:

Post a Comment